It’s award season; red carpets are being vacuumed; trophies polished; outfits chosen; the media are on standby, and that’s just for me. I wish! This month I have been given the Versatile blogger Award AND the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by blog mate Charles Yallowitz. I will be handing out my own awards further down this post so read on to see who’s names will be pulled out of my virtual golden envelopes.
First, I have some obligations to fulfill as recipient of both the awards:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
It was hard to get all the blogs I read down to 15. I get a lot out of the bloggosphere. It’s a great resource and idea sharing platform. The seven things about me was a little tricky. I published a load of answers when I got the Liebster Award. I’m not sure how interesting you’ll find the following information but here goes:
As recipient of Versatile Blogger Award my answers are:
- I can play drums but I pull silly faces while doing it. It helps me concentrate but I look utterly ridiculous.
- I read in bed for extended periods of time. Usually under the covers. It’s not good.
- I would like to see the earth from space.
- Sci-fi confession – I don’t believe in time travel.
- I count adverbs in books. Joseph D’Lacey, John Costello and Stephen King have a LOT to do with it.
- My family and friends are vital to my existence.
- The progress of both Voyager probes blows my mind. I would love see what they see, if only I could live forever.
As recipient of The Very Inspiring Blogger Award my answers are:
- I can be a little obsessive with my projects. Ok, a lot.
- Cool quotes that give me goosebumps: The Matrix – “he’s beginning to believe” and Terminator – “come with me if you want to live”.
- I sometimes put off finishing artwork just in case it doesn’t match the image in my head.
- I can play the recorder with my nose. No, really I can.
- I can link to Kevin Bacon in one move (more on that later).
- The pace of science evolution is both terrifying and thrilling. Mostly thrilling.
- In my head I’m receiving these awards flanked by Sir David Attenborough and Prof Brian Cox. Johnny Depp is giving me a standing ovation while patting my husband on the back. (Did I say too much?)
And now the awards for Versatile blogger Award and Very Inspiring Blogger Award go to: (fanfare)
Ned’s Blog – laugh out loud humour
Tom Elias, Writer – a fellow sci-fi fan and writer
Meyer Lane – a great writing resource all pulled together so you don’t have to
Love Make Think – beautiful and awe inspiring art by Jan Waller
Creative Writing with The Crimson League – sensible, down to earth writing advice
From the desk of Jakebe T. Rabbit – honest blogging about writing
Janice Tanton : Full Time Human Being – honest blogging – no holds barred! Great artist
Digital Inukshuk – finding peace, seeing truth
Spots and Cellulite – about growing up by a very clever lady
Head in book – being a mom and telling it like it is
Chiller – always different, always a great, thought provoking read
The Blog What I wrote – honest posts written from the heart
Cassandra Bellinger – a fellow aspiring writer, it helps to know I’m not alone
A ramble through an author’s imagination – Nick Cook ticking all my nerdy boxes <3
Life in authoring – more humour, no words necessary
Yes, all of you get both awards because I read your blogs the most and get a lot out of what you post. And finally, a great big thanks to Charles (aka Slepsnor at Legends of Windemere) for the nominations and being a part of my blogging community.
I hear music playing and a man is using his hand to make a sawing motion on his neck. People are chanting off off off… can’t think what they mean. I’ll go and find out.